Role Profile - Financial Analysis Manager
Role Title: Financial Analysis Manager
Business Function: Finance
Role Location: Wrexham (LL13) / Hybrid
Who we are & what we do
Founded in 2016, Chetwood Financial is a digital bank using technology to make people better off. At Chetwood, we think differently. We act differently. Unlike traditional banking models, we’re not obsessed with customer ownership and cross-selling other products. We use our banking and technology experience to design and manufacture stand-alone financial products that meet the needs of those using them and by building unique and dynamic products, we make engaging with personal finances easier than ever before. We’re always on the lookout for exceptional talent to join the team who share a belief in making a positive difference – making financial services better for customers by challenging conventions.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, the Financial Analysis Manager will assist in the preparation of the financial forecasts and associated financial modelling for the Bank’s lending products in cards, unsecured loans and mortgages, under a range of scenarios. The role will also include business partnering with teams from across the Bank to perform monthly trading performance reviews to understand variances to plan and add commercial insight. Specific knowledge of bank economics (including regulatory capital and liquidity drivers), together with an understanding of the key drivers of value in each asset class is therefore required.
The role will also require detailed knowledge of product profitability so that the financial impact of new product launches is understood and continually reviewed by the business prior to “go-live”. At all stages, the underlying requirement is for ratification that a proposition remains economically viable before launch and risks are identified. Post product launch, the focus will be on profit optimisation and asset valuation and measuring actual performance will be key to ensuring that commercial opportunities are seized and risks mitigated.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial forecasts for the Bank’s lending products under a range of scenarios.
- Maintain and develop the planning models to ensure that the process is as efficient as possible.
- Perform monthly trading reviews to understand variances to plan and reflect the latest assumptions in any revised forecast.
- Monitor and review P&L performance of each product; including vintage analysis and segmentation both at a product level as well as channel.
- Understand the operating model for each asset class to enable analysis of product profitability to be calculated. This will require knowledge of the costings for each product and will extend to supplier meetings to help optimise outcomes and challenge costings.
- Develop business cases for new product launches and apply commercial insight to ensure that they include the most up to date inputs available.
- Engage with the project team on new product launches to source the necessary inputs for maintaining the business case with the most accurate data.
- Post product launch, partner with other departments, steer product performance accordingly and adjust business levers to deliver the agreed plan numbers.
- Prepare asset valuations and liaise with other areas to ensure that future assumptions are robust.
Skills and experience
- A qualified accountant – ACA, ACAS, ACCA, CIMA.
- Detailed knowledge of the income streams, operating costs and associated drivers of the
economics of a financial services product.
- Working knowledge of regulatory capital and liquidity drivers.
- Proactive in providing financial and commercial insight and challenges to other areas of the
- Strong excel skills necessary – detailed “what-if” analysis required and technical models to
maintain and develop.
- Comfortable working independently for long periods.
- Self-motivator with strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including to Executive Level.
- Strong analytical skills using a range of tools including excel, access, SQL etc.
- Continual improvement mind-set to challenge existing processes.
Ability to demonstrate strong personal development skills.
What we offer
- A relaxed, adult, flexible working environment.
- Private medical, dental and optical cover
- Strong pension offering
- Competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- Monthly and annual social events
- Hybrid working model, both remote and office based options
- Opportunity to work for a progressive and exciting company.
- Enhanced, cutting-edge technology platforms to work on
- Open plan office with plenty of collaborative working space
- 25 days annual holidays, plus bank holidays with the option to buy or sell more.
Here are just a few examples of what we’ve achieved so far and what’s coming soon.
- Secured strategic capital investment from Elliott Advisors of £150mil, underpinning the planned growth of the business over the next few years.
- Secured a full banking licence from the PRA and FCA in 2018 - the only retail bank to do so that year.
- Procured agreements with several distribution partnerships for our consumer facing products, seeing 400%+ growth in new business since 2019.
- Built & launched Chetwood’s very own cutting-edge decisioning tool
- Successfully launched four 'Great' and 'Excellent' Trustpilot rated consumer brands, including:
- Livelend Reward Loan: The world’s first dynamic loan that responds to improvements in customers’ credit score
- BetterBorrow: a quick and simple loan where customers receive their money in 30 minutes or less
- SmartSave: providing customers with a simple, online savings account at a great rate.
- Wave: Our 100% online credit card which offers flexibility and ease for near-prime consumers who typically have fewer credit options available to them, with less functionality.
- Acquired the Core Banking Platform, Yobota, to further strengthen our Banking as a Service offerings.
- We’re already working on a project to launch our mortgages proposition - keep your eyes peeled!